The course will cover Fiber to the home theory, GPON, EPON, BPON, RFOG, design, installation and testing and trouble shooting. There will be practical in cable preparation, splicing, termination and testing. This will be done using classroom power point presentations and real live lab work using ONT/OLT/SPLITTERS.
Certification to be given: CFOS/H
Pre-requisite: CFOT or CPCT
Who should attend?
This certification is intended for contractors, installers, architects and engineers, project managers and all others who are involved with projects which include fiber optics.
- The instructional methods used include lectures, demonstrations and solving case studies.
- Significant class time is devoted to designing FTTH networks.
- Introduction to FTTX
- Fiber to the Home Architectures
- FTTH in MDUs (Multiple Dwelling Units
- FTTH PON Types
- FTTH PON: Passive Optical Network
- BPON, GPON, EPON, RFOG, WDM ,CWDM,DWDM and PON Other Uses For PONs
- FTTX hardware and components Cables Splitters Cabinets Subscriber components
- Practical View samples set up FTTX link
- Fiber to the Home Installation, Installation tools, Jargon, Background, Cable Types and Hardware and Subscriber Drops
- Installation of indoor hardware rack and wall mounting
- Fiber arrangement/trunking and Connector installations
- Multi-core cable termination
- Outdoor cable installation, Duct, aerial, direct burial, Micro-duct solutions, Drop cable installation and Fiber terminations on with pigtail
Practical: Splicing and joint closing
Testing FTTH: Key factors affecting network, testing during construction, testing for commissioning and Troubleshooting
- Hands tests with Power source and meter, visual fault locator
- Link Testing, OTDR Testing PONs, OTDR Testing From CO, OTDR Testing From Subscriber, Other FTTx and Testing Issues FTTx Safety Issues
- Hands on tests: OTDR Testing and Troubleshooting
- Course Review and Closing
- Exams from FOA