Effective asset management provides real benefits and cost savings to organisations. Given the importance of assets to corporate fortune, it is vital that officers and managers have asset management competency. Our Fixed Assets training course will give participants the knowledge to record, track and manage their fixed assets to enhance organisational profitability.
- Acquire up-to-date rules covering the managing of, and accounting for, fixed assets.
- Gain knowledge of depreciation management techniques and how they affect their operations.
- Correctly recognise and measure fixed assets and intangible assets
- Report fixed assets accurately by adhering to professional convention.
- Properly account for disposals, impairment, sales, and exchange of long-lived assets.
- Introduction to Fixed Assets
- Importance of Fixed Assets Management
- Definition of Fixed Assets
- Initial measurement of Fixed Assets
- Asset Retirement obligations
- Concept of Component Depreciation
- Depreciation Methods and Computations
- Recording Annual Depreciation
- Hierarchy for Fair Value Inputs and Assumptions
- Impairment Indicators, Computation & Treatment
- Reporting and Disclosures
- Valuation Options for Intangible Assets
Who Should Attend
Officers and managers in finance, maintenance and other functions involved in asset management.