By the conclusion of the specified learning and development activities, delegates will be able to:
- To understand the intercultural nature of business communication
- To appreciate intercultural communication as communication shaped not only by national cultures, but also by other cultural dimensions such as ethnicity, gender and social class
- To heighten your awareness of differences in communication styles across cultures
- To develop positive attitudes towards people from different cultural group
- To explore cultural self-awareness, other culture awareness, and the dynamics that arises in interactions between the two.
- To understand how communication processes differ among cultures.
- To identify challenges that arises from these differences in intercultural interactions and learns ways to creatively address them.
- To discover the importance of the roles of context and power in studying intercultural communication.
- To acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes that increase intercultural competence
- Understand how language affects intercultural business communication.
- Be aware of problems associated with language diversity.
- Understand number usage differences that may have an impact on intercultural written communication
- Understand how language construction, thought, perception and culture are linked.
- Understand the limits of using second language.
- Be aware that language differences exist even when people speak the same language.
- Understand the importance of accurate translation and interpretation to intercultural communication.
- Understand how to use parables and proverbs as insights into the culture.
- Understand the concepts of the sapir-whorf and Bernstein hypothesis.
- Define the intercultural negotiation process
- Understand the steps in the negotiation process
- Learn how to avoid mistakes commonly made in intercultural negotiations
- Become knowledgeable about intercultural negotiation models
- Understand negotiation strategies, including conflict resolution
- Understand various trade agreements that affect intercultural negotiations
- Understand the elements of cross-cultural negotiation
- Consider stereotypes that affect intercultural negotiations
- Take into consideration comparative negotiation styles
- Identify characteristics of effective negotiators
- Understand the importance of protocol in intercultural negotiations
- Understand how group and individual orientation, face-to-face strategies, and the media affect negotiations
- Understand how personal constructs affect negotiations
- To understand the laws affecting international business communications
|Durban; Dubai; London;Kuala Lumpur; Amsterdam; Paris;Brussels
||Sep 03 - 23 Nov, 2018
Ms. Michelle +442071938392; +447487877573; +639368309409
The course cost does not include living accommodation. However, delegates are treated with the following: Continuous snacks throughout the Event Days; Hot Lunch on Event Days; City Tour; Hand-outs; Stationery.
We offer very attractive discount for groups of 3 and more people, from the same organisation, taking the same course. Courses are delivered in over 30 Cities including Miami, London, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Milan.
Prof. Dr. R. B. Crawford