By the conclusion of the specified learning and development activities, delegates will be able to:
- To understand the intercultural nature of business communication
- To appreciate intercultural communication as communication shaped not only by national cultures, but also by other cultural dimensions such as ethnicity, gender and social class
- To heighten your awareness of differences in communication styles across cultures
- To develop positive attitudes towards people from different cultural group
- To explore cultural self-awareness, other culture awareness, and the dynamics that arises in interactions between the two.
- To understand how communication processes differ among cultures.
- To identify challenges that arises from these differences in intercultural interactions and learns ways to creatively address them.
- To discover the importance of the roles of context and power in studying intercultural communication.
- To acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes that increase intercultural competence
- Understand how language affects intercultural business communication.
- Be aware of problems associated with language diversity.
- Understand number usage differences that may have an impact on intercultural written communication
- Understand how language construction, thought, perception and culture are linked.
- Understand the limits of using second language.
- Be aware that language differences exist even when people speak the same language.
- Understand the importance of accurate translation and interpretation to intercultural communication.
- Understand how to use parables and proverbs as insights into the culture.
- Understand the concepts of the sapir-whorf and Bernstein hypothesis.
- Define the intercultural negotiation process
- Understand the steps in the negotiation process
- Learn how to avoid mistakes commonly made in intercultural negotiations
- Become knowledgeable about intercultural negotiation models
- Understand negotiation strategies, including conflict resolution
- Understand various trade agreements that affect intercultural negotiations
- Understand the elements of cross-cultural negotiation
- Consider stereotypes that affect intercultural negotiations
- Take into consideration comparative negotiation styles
- Identify characteristics of effective negotiators
- Understand the importance of protocol in intercultural negotiations
- Understand how group and individual orientation, face-to-face strategies, and the media affect negotiations
- Understand how personal constructs affect negotiations
- To understand the laws affecting international business communications
||Jul 17 - 21 Jul, 2017
+44 7736147507; +44 1902 763607; +44 2071935906; +
The course cost does not include living accommodation. However, delegates are treated with the following: Continuous snacks throughout the Event Days; Hot Lunch on Event Days; City Tour; Hand-outs; Stationery.
We offer very attractive discount for groups of 3 and more people, from the same organisation, taking the same course. Courses are delivered in over 30 Cities including Miami, London, Dubai, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Milan.