The five day in-depth training programme takes a strategic approach towards developing and managing the resources and capabilities of the university. Organisational, political, financial, social and ethical factors affecting the university's long-term success will be considered. The development of Human Resource strategies, gender roles in the public sector and global trends in Distance Learning are also key issues to be addressed taking into account infrastructural limitations.
Participants will benefit from lectures by internationally known American and UK academic experts and university leaders, case-study analyses, group discussions and workshops. On study tours, they will visit UK higher education institutions and meet with senior personnel on hot topics. In addition, participants will enjoy personal and professional interactions with colleagues from around the globe.
The programme aims to equip participants with both advanced managerial techniques and specialised knowledge; to increase their capacity for innovative planning and implementation of policy in response to changing socio-economic realities; and to improve their strategic-thinking, problem-solving and decision making skills.
The program curriculum will cover the following topics:
- Distance Learning: Recent Trends and Future Prospects Fund Raising
- Competitive Strategies and Marketing Higher Education Locally and Internationally
- The Importance of Science in National Development
- University Involvement in the Community Finance and Contracts Management
- Leadership and Decision Making at Corporate level
- Modern Communication Skills- communicate with authority Resource Development and Management Planning
- The US and UK Model for Budgeting in Higher Education Institutes Initiating Change at University Contexts - A Human Resources Perspective The Impact of Technology on the Future of the University
- Higher Education in the 21st Century: International Perspectives
- Integrating Vision into reality: Practical uses for HR in Higher Education Institutions
The programme is designed for senior leaders and administrators in Higher Education: University Vice Chancellors and Executive Directors, Financial Managers, Human Resource Managers and Registrars. Workshops are geared towards Higher Education leadership whose responsibilities include management and development of University resources and capabilities, while providing the leadership necessary to renew and reform their universities in the light of changing socio-economic realities and global issues that affect developing nations.