Accounting is the language of Business. For Administrative Staff, Supervisors and Management Staffs in the functional areas of a business organization to be effective, they should have a working knowledge of basic accounting skills which will enhance their ability to understand the financial aspects of their functions. Such understanding will enable the employees to control expenses and improve on revenue generation thereby contributing to the profitability of the organization which some employees believe is the sole function of Managers and Accounting Officers.
Objective of the Course
To teach the participants, the elements of the income statement and balance sheet that are recognized for the purpose of classifying, measuring and preparing the basic financial statements and communicating the results of operations. Management needs to carry along both the junior and senior staffs.
- Basic account ting knowledge will promote overall communication throughout the organization.
- Course Content
- Terminologies and definitions; cost, expense, assets, liability
- Account equation and concepts.
- Elements that are recognized in preparing the income statement and balance sheet
- Journal entries, ledgers, adjusting entries, trail balance.
- Measurement concepts, cash basis and accrual basis accounting
- Classification and reporting
- Statement of shareholders’ equity
- Preparation of closing entries
- Introduction to cash flow statement and other
Upon completion of this workshop, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the role of accounting in business organizations.
- Know how to record transactions, post journals and ledgers.
- Be capable of preparing the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Be capable of making adjustment and closing entries.
- Understand how to complete depreciation depletion and amortization.
- Understand the accounting language and reporting accounting information and others.
- Administrators Staff
- Personal Assistants
- Supervisors at all Levels
|6,Segun Gbele Close, Off Lola Holloway Street, Omole Phase 1, Ojodu-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
||Feb 19 - 21 Feb, 2017
PROFESSOR PENDER GBENEDIO (CEO/ CHIEF CONSULTANT SANDHILLS CONSULTING NIG. LTD). B.Sc. Accounting, Central State University, Wilberforce, Ohio USA; MBA and Ph.D. Accounting, University of Cincinnati Ohio USA; Doctoral Secondary Fields, Finance and Industrial Management. Worked as Financial Specialist at the Corporate Headquarters of the National Cash Register Company (NCR) in Dayton, Ohio USA. He was later appointed a Professor of Accounting and Chair of the Department of Accounting and Associate Dean of the Business School at North Carolina Central University, in Durham, North Carolina, USA; Campus Dean at Strayer University, Colombia Campus, South Carolina, USA. He has taught numerous courses, multiple times in Accounting, Finance and Industrial Management. He is also a visiting Professor at Covenant University (Sango Ota) teaching Ph. D and M.SC Environmental, International and Oil &Gas Accounting. His strengths are in Accounting, Finance, Industrial Management, Functional, Soft Skills and Leadership Courses. DR. FOLASHADE OGUNWALE: B.Sc., MBA Accounting, Doctoral Candidate. Has worked in Bison Ltd Consulting Firm and Intercontinental Bank, and lectures in Covenant University. She has diverse experience in Training and Consultation.