Building and Implementing Growth Strategies
By: Sandhills Consulting Nigeria Ltd
Lagos State, Nigeria
Aug 16 - 18 Aug, 2016
Strategy drives all business operations and disciplines. When entrepreneurs think of growth many engage in the traditional options which too often are not thought out strategies, such as acquisition, investors like venture capitalist or streamlining to gain efficiencies without proper resources. Businesses which claim to have growth strategies that never make it to the market and get stuck in R&D or in the idea phase, which is an all too common place for many small to medium size companies. Considering the going out of business rate approximately 50% per annum, businesses do not realize there are other alternatives with strategic planning and implementation options.
Implementing organic growth strategies specifically deal with methods any business will face with trying to implement new growth strategies. This perspective derives from building a small to mid-size companies. This process will introduce tools and methodologies needed that one can put into immediate action.
- What is Strategy?
- Differentiate Goals from Strategies.
- Operational Effectiveness is not Strategy.
- Alternative views of Strategy.
- The Growth Trap.
- Sustainable Strategic Position Fit and Sustainability.
- Rediscovering Strategy.
- From Competitive Advantage to Corporate Strategy.
- Concepts of Corporate Strategy.
- Define Management’s Role in Strategy Formulation Process.
- Identify Key Data that Drives Strategy
- Analyze Powerful Patterns in Strategic Thinking.
- Analyzing Competitor Performance and Patterns
- Selecting Among Growth Alternatives
- Organizational Energy
- Focus as a Growth Strategy
- Diversification as a Growth Strategy.
- Innovation as a Growth Strategy.
- Understanding your Company’s Strategy.
- Strategy as a Process
- Attending to Details
- Your Role in Strategy Implementation
- Understand, Organize and Persuasively Communicate
- Strategic Messages.
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Growth Leadership Inventory and how to interpret feedback.
- To Lead Organizations during a Time of Change and Critical Times by Creating a Learning Culture.
- Understand how to Redesign Performance Measures to Enhance Strategy Implementation.
- Implementation and Strategy Reformulation.
- The Competitive Advantage of Social Capital.
On Completion of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand what strategy is
- Differentiate between goals and strategies
- Understand the concept of Corporate Strategy
- Understand Management’s role in strategy formulation process
- Identify data that drives strategy
- Understand the importance of diversification as a growth strategy
- Understand the importance of innovation as a growth strategy
- Identify alternative growth models
- Recognize the importance of effective communication skills in the process of developing a sustainable growth strategy
- Recognize the need to adapt effective leadership skills and more. Understand the growth leadership inventory and how to interpret the feedback
All personnel involved in implementing strategy at the corporate, business, or functional level in your organization. Senior Corporate executives to division managers in established businesses.
Facilitators: PROFESSOR PENDER GBENEDIO (CEO/ CHIEF CONSULTANT SANDHILLS CONSULTING NIG. LTD). B.Sc. Accounting, Central State University, Wilberforce, Ohio USA; MBA and Ph.D. Accounting, University of Cincinnati Ohio USA; Doctoral Secondary Fields, Finance and Industrial Management. Worked as Financial Specialist at the Corporate Headquarters of the National Cash Register Company (NCR) in Dayton, Ohio USA. He was later appointed a Professor of Accounting and Chair of the Department of Accounting and Associate Dean of the Business School at North Carolina Central University, in Durham, North Carolina, USA; Campus Dean at Strayer University, Colombia Campus, South Carolina, USA. He has taught numerous courses, multiple times in Accounting, Finance and Industrial Management. He is also a visiting Professor at Covenant University (Sango Ota) teaching Ph. D and M.SC Environmental, International and Oil &Gas Accounting. His strengths are in Accounting, Finance, Industrial Management, Functional, Soft Skills and Leadership Courses.DR. FOLASHADE OGUNWALE: B.Sc., MBA Accounting, Doctoral Candidate. Has worked in Bison Ltd Consulting Firm and Intercontinental Bank, and lectures in Covenant University. She has diverse experience in Training and Consultation.DR (MRS). V. Y KPEKE: B.sc Chemistry University of Ibadan, MSc Chemistry, Delta State University, Delta State; Ph. D Counselling Psychology (her strength).DR. ESE URHIE: B.Sc, MBA Finance, M.Sc. Economics, Ph. D Economics Human Capital, Covenant University, Sango Ota, Nigeria. He is presently lecturing at Covenant University.DR. VALENCIA WESTRAY: B.Sc Ph. D in Organisational Behaviour, MBA Managements and Human Resources Management, HR and Staffing Consultant in Morgaret Business Solutions; Campus Dean, Strayer University; Faculty at South University, USA. She has diverse experience in Human Resource Management and Leadership for Women.UFOMA OMOSEBI: B.Sc Accounting Central State University, USA, MBA Management, MSc Accounting, University of Maryland, Washington DC; CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner). Worked at Anderson Consulting, USA as a recruiter. United States of America, Airforce Reserve
Venue: 6,Segun Gbele Close, Off Lola Holloway Street, Omole Phase 1, Ojodu-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria