The functions of management include, planning, budgeting, controlling and reporting. All managers in various organizations must embrace these functions for them to be effective in their duties. These functions have much Accounting and Finance content. It is therefore imperative for managers to have a working knowledge of the fundamentals of Accounting and Finance. Managers who take this course will witness a huge difference in their performance.
- Course Opening and Introduction
- Pre-course Assessment
- Understand and Describe Accounting and Finance Basic Terminologies
- The Accounting Equation
- Preparing the Basic Financial Statements
- Review of the Accounting Cycle
- Preparing the Trial Balance
- Making Adjustments in Accounting Purpose and Procedure
- Preparing the Income Statement
- Cost Behavior Patterns and Analysis
- Different Costs for Different Purposes
- Preparing the Balance Sheet
- Group Exercise and Problem Solving
- Analyzing Financial Statements-liquidity
- Profitability Solvency and more
- ABC of Budgeting and Budgetary Control
- What is Cost? What is an Expense?
- Different Cost for Different Purpose
- Understanding Cost Behavior Patterns for Decision Making
- Classifying Costs by Type and Function
- Profitability Analysis and Prediction of Profit
- Types of Budgets
- Budget Preparation: An Overview
- Preparing Cash-Flow Statement
- Preparing Statement of Cash Receipt and Disbursement
- Evaluate Internal Control for Fraud and Theft Detection
|6,Segun Gbele Close, Off Lola Holloway Street, Omole Phase 1, Ojodu-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
||Jul 27 - 29 Jul, 2016
Discount of 10% for 3-4 participants from same organization
Discount of 15 % for 5 or more participant from same organization.
PROFESSOR PENDER GBENEDIO (CEO/ CHIEF CONSULTANT SANDHILLS CONSULTING NIG. LTD). B.Sc. Accounting, Central State University, Wilberforce, Ohio USA; MBA and Ph.D. Accounting, University of Cincinnati Ohio USA; Doctoral Secondary Fields, Finance and Industrial Management. Worked as Financial Specialist at the Corporate Headquarters of the National Cash Register Company (NCR) in Dayton, Ohio USA. He was later appointed a Professor of Accounting and Chair of the Department of Accounting and Associate Dean of the Business School at North Carolina Central University, in Durham, North Carolina, USA; Campus Dean at Strayer University, Colombia Campus, South Carolina, USA. He has taught numerous courses, multiple times in Accounting, Finance and Industrial Management. He is also a visiting Professor at Covenant University (Sango Ota) teaching Ph. D and M.SC Environmental, International and Oil &Gas Accounting. His strengths are in Accounting, Finance, Industrial Management, Functional, Soft Skills and Leadership Courses.UFOMA GBENEDIO: B.Sc Accounting Central State University, USA, MBA Management, MSc Accounting, University of Maryland, Washington DC; CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner). Worked at Anderson Consulting, USA as a recruiter. United States of America, Airforce ReserveDR. ESE URHIE: B.Sc, MBA Finance, M.Sc. Economics, Ph. D Economics Human Capital, Covenant University, Sango Ota, Nigeria. He is presently lecturing at Covenant University.DR. FOLASHADE OGUNWALE: B.Sc., MBA Accounting, Doctoral Candidate. Has worked in Bison Ltd Consulting Firm and Intercontinental Bank, and lectures in Covenant University. She has diverse experience in Training and Consultation.