This training program is designed and developed to introduce participants to the different types of pumps, valves and compressors and their associated terminology.
The application of the different types of pumps, valves and compressors will be discussed along with their suitability for different operational duties. Pump, valve and compressor operations, troubleshooting and maintenance will be dealt with in depth.
Participants will have the opportunity to discuss Pump, Valve and Compressor construction, design selection, applications, operations, and maintenance issues and be provided with the most up-to-date information and best practice in dealing with Pumps, Valves and Compressors problems in a structured and confident manner.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Understand the principles of pumps, valves and compressors
- Identify the various types of pumps, valves and compressors
- Make the right selection for pumps, valves and compressors
- Monitor pump, valve and compressor efficiency, availability and reliability
- Operate and maintain pumps, valves and compressors effectively
- Troubleshoot pump, valve and compressor problems
- Observe safety procedures while working with pumps, valves and compressors
- Confidently test and commission pump, valve and compressor systems
Team Leads, Plant Operations and Maintenance Personnel, Process Control Engineers and Supervisors, Mechanical Engineers, Pump/Valve/Compressor Sales Engineers, Pump/Valve/Compressor Service Contractors, Pump/Valve/Compressor Operators and Plant Engineers
Lectures complemented with classroom exercises and hands-on practical sessions.
- Introduction to Pumps, Valves and Compressors
- Pump Categories: Dynamic (Centrifugal, peripheral and turbine) and Positive Displacement (Reciprocating and Rotary)
- Centrifugal Pumps: Type, Operation, Application, pump selection, Casings, volute and Diffusers, Impellers(type), Mechanical Seals, Minimum Flow Requirement, Performance Characteristics, Cavitation and Net positive Suction Head
- Maintenance Recommended for Centrifugal Pumps
- Positive Displacement Pumps: Operation, Application, Troubleshooting, Maintenance and Selection of Pumps
- Reciprocating Pumps, Piston Pumps, Plunger Pumps, Rotary Pumps, Screw Pumps, Lobe Pumps
- Peristaltic Pumps, Vane Pumps, diaphragm pump, Gear pump and Metering Pumps
- Pump Maintenance, Inspection, Overhaul, Diagnoses of Pump Troubles
- Troubleshooting of Centrifugal Pumps
- Troubleshooting of Rotary Pumps
- Troubleshooting of Reciprocating Pumps
- Water Hammer
- Pump Selection
- Pumping System Calculations
- Workshop: Design and selection of Different Pumping Systems for the Oil and Gas Industry, and the manufacturing Industry
- Vibration Analysis and Predictive Maintenance
- Diagnostics of Pumping Systems
- Pump Drivers
- General overview of valve
- Operating principles
- Classification of valve types
- Valve Selection for Petroleum and process Industry.
- The Specification and Applied Codes.
- Critical Valve Choices.
- Installation Maintenance Guidelines.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of valve
- Compressor Categories: Dynamic (Centrifugal) and Positive Displacement (Reciprocating and Rotary)
- Compressor Type: Double acting and single acting; Oil and non-Oil; Water, Air and Oil cool; single or double stage.
- Operation, Application, component parts, Troubleshooting, Maintenance of:
- Centrifugal Compressor
- Reciprocating Compressor
- Rotary screw Compressor
- Vane compressor
- Compressor ancillaries
- Operation, Application, Troubleshooting, Maintenance of Compressor ancillaries:
- Air receiver, Pressure gauge, air filter, oil separator, liquid separator, dryer (refrigeration, desiccant)
- Unloaded valve, pressure relief valve, pressure switch, solenoid valves, Intercooler and after cooler etc.
- Troubleshooting of compressor, dismantling and coupling of reciprocating Compressor