The maintenance function plays a very critical role in ensuring the integrity, reliability, quality and predictability of manufacturing operations. However, most organizations handle maintenance matters with a laid back attitude. Their maintenance is poorly understood and poorly executed, resulting in high production costs, firefighting, poor operator morale and poor customer service delivery. This training program is designed to expose participants to a comprehensive overview of maintenance management and will cover the strategies, tools and techniques required to bring effective control to the management of the maintenance process.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to;
- Appreciate the unique role that maintenance plays in company performance.
- Understand the different strategies for maintenance management.
- Select the best strategy to reduce cost and enhance equipment availability.
- Understand and effectively utilise the tools for optimizing maintenance performance.
- Understand Reliability centred maintenance (RCM).
- Understand the concept of Total productivity maintenance (TPM).
- Understand the importance and use of CMMS.
Maintenance Managers, Maintenance Supervisors, Maintenance Technicians, Production Managers, Reliability Managers and every personnel involved in maintenance.
Intensive and interactive lectures complemented by hands-on exercises using relevant training equipment and aids.