Supervisors are the primary link between management and the workforce and they must be skilled in human relations, problem solving, delegation, conflict management and planning.
Managing and supervising people can be a daunting experience as the list of responsibilities is endless from leading and motivating your team to dealing with difficult people and managing poor performance.
Building effective supervisory skills that can help participants and their organizations succeed even in challenging economic times is the focus of this training.
Thus this training is designed to help supervisors and managers improve the performance of the organization through better communications and understanding.
At the end of this training participant will know
- How to use time management and delegation effectively
- How to motivate, manage and lead their team to deliver results
- How to deal more effectively and confidently with conflict situations
- How to lead and not manage
- How to effectively communication
- How to deal with people issues
- How to deal with behavior styles
- How to Work at maximum potential
- How to mentor, train, motivate and discipline
This training will be delivered using a mixture of lectures, interactive sessions, demonstration, facilitated group review, group exercises, videos and case studies.
Supervisors, Managers, Department Leaders, Problem Solvers and persons aspiring to become effective leaders
- What is Management?
- What is Supervision?
- Managing resources
- Responsibilities of employees
- Effective delegation - empowering yourself and your team
- Responsibility, authority and accountability
- What and when should you delegate
- Levels of delegation
- Improving performance
- Leading people
- Long-term control - the most difficult managerial task
- Performance Management
- The performance management system
- Responding to poor performance
- Conducting a performance interview
- Managerial decision making
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Procedures in the decision making process
- Idea generating tools
- Effective communication and people management skills
- Communicating more clearly
- Giving your team constructive feedback
- Conflict resolution
- Problem solving techniques
- Warning signs of team trouble
- Keeping your team on track