Supervisors are invaluable to a world-class safety culture. As an “agent of the employer,” every supervisor has a legal obligation to understand his or her safety responsibilities in the workplace. This program helps supervisors develop the knowledge and skills to fulfill those responsibilities and be an effective leader.
- Introduction to Safety Management
- Effective Accident Investigation
- Introduction to OSH Training
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Introduction to Ergonomics
- Safety Supervision and Leadership
- Safety Management System Evaluation
Becoming a true safety leader is not a one-stop destination, but rather a continual journey. By completing this program, you will be able to:
- Stay current on OSHA’s regulations.
- Learn how to effectively investigate accidents.
- Monitor employees.
- Evaluate safety management systems.
- Develop your skills.
Employees are typically under the watch of your first line of management - your supervisors. Because of their daily influence on employees and their hands-on mentality, you should put your safety supervisors through this program so you can:
- Impact the success of your safety management system.
- Ensure all employees implement and follow safety standards.
- Properly identify the hazards each level of employee faces.
- Find areas where safety can be improved.
- Avoid costly liability and workers’ compensation.
Who Should Attend?
- Any individual who is responsible for ensuring employees are knowledgeable about working in a safe manner should complete this program.
- Individuals seeking to reach their career goal of becoming a safety supervisor. This program helps you develop the essential skills you will need for your current or future job as a safety supervisor.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
There is a written test at the end of this course. Upon successful completion, an embossed program certificate from the Occupational Safety and Health Academy, approved by the National Safety Management Society and the Institute for Safety and Health Management from the USA will be issued.
Certified Safety Management Practitioners
The content of this training conforms with U.S Department of Labor, OSHA, training standards and ANSI Z490.1-2009. Criteria for Accepted practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training