Faulty electrical systems can jeopardize operations in any organization or company. Thus, having in place a team and system that that has preventive knowledge rather than the common reactive knowledge will ensure and guaranty smooth operations without much down time and power shortage.
This training deals on the process of electric power generation. DC and AC circuit analysis, wiring methods, maintenance of some electric appliances, troubleshooting and rectification of electric fault using Avometer, etc
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand factory electrical layout.
- Carry out proper maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Have proper understanding of Industrial electrical engineering practice.
- Prepare maintenance schedule.
- Identify relevant areas of equipment to consider for maintenance.
- Advice on proper utilization of energy with a view to cut bills
Electrical Technicians, Maintenance Technicians, Supervisors, Electromechanical Technicians and all maintenance personnel
Intensive and interactive lectures complemented by hands-on exercises using various electrical simulators.
- Fundamentals of Electrical Maintenance
- Maintenance of Electrical Equipment
- Power substations and transformers
- Switchgears, Fuses, Molded case breakers, Low voltage circuit breakers
- Medium Voltage Power Distribution System
- AC / DC motors.
- Motor control centers.
- Understanding the Complete Power System.
- Use of capacitors in power factor correction.
- Grounding and ground fault protection.
- Field Tests Essential to Planned Maintenance Programs.
- Measurement and test instruments
- Methods and interpretation of insulation testing
- Current injection testing of circuit breakers
- Low resistance measurements
- Developing a Sound Maintenance schedule
- Safety considerations in Electrical Maintenance
- Proper use of test equipment
- Fuse Rating and Classification
- Grounding of Electrical Systems
- Maintenance and Recording Procedure