This Coaching and Mentoring Training will examine the following scenario. You are in your office looking over your performance report and it happened again. Your low performing employee failed to meet quota this month even after you spoke with them about the importance of meeting goals. This employee has a great attitude and you know they can do better. You just do not know how to motivate them to reach the goal. Money used to work, but that has worn off. You are baffled and you know being frustrated makes matters worse. What do you do?
The Coaching and Mentoring training focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
At the end of this training, participant will be able to
- Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
- Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
- Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
- Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated to accomplish those plans.
- Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
- Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust. Identify and overcoming common obstacles.
- Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities.
- Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching.
- Defining Coaching and Mentoring
- What is Coaching?
- What is Mentoring?
- Introducing the G.R.O.W. Model
- Setting Goals
- Goals in the Context of GROW
- Identifying Appropriate Goal Areas
- Setting SMART Goals
- Understanding the Realities
- Getting a Picture of Where You Are
- Identifying Obstacles
- Exploring the Past
- Developing Options
- Identifying Paths
- Choosing Your Final Approach
- Structuring a Plan
- Wrapping it All Up
- Creating the Final Plan
- Identifying the First Step
- Getting Motivated
- The Importance of Trust What is Trust?
- Trust and Coaching
- Building Trust Providing Feedback
- The Feedback Sandwich
- Providing Constructive Criticism
- Encouraging Growth and Development
- Overcoming Roadblocks Common Obstacles
- Re-evaluating Goals
- Focusing on Progress Reaching the End
- How to Know When You’ve Achieved Success
- Transitioning the Coachee
- Wrapping it All Up
- How Mentoring Differs from Coaching The Basic Differences
- Blending the Two Models
- Adapting the GROW Model for Mentoring
- Focusing on the Relationship