This Spray Painter’s Skills Improvement training programme focuses on processes involved in commercial spray painting. It combines both classroom and practical exposure. The training will ensure that the participants have a clear understanding of the safe process of applying paint on several different substrates efficiently that will meet the end user requirements and specifications. The participant will be able to provide their employer with a more cost efficient utilization of the equipment and technique that will ensure an improved operating cost of the paint process.
- Safety, protective equipment - Utilization of properly fitted Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.)
- Paint composition and why specific paints are used.
- Paint hiding, sag resistance, gloss characteristics.
- Proper mixing techniques
- Spray equipment utilization
- Spray painting techniques
- Substrate cleaning processes
- Basic paint properties
- Paint characteristics and testing and application specifications.
- Identify sags, runs, fisheyes, dirt contamination, and possible causes.
- Technique to reduce paint usage, paint defect and painter fatigue
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the advantages of airless spray technology
- Recognize the importance of when and how coatings are mixed prior to airless/conventional spray
- Apply airless/conventional spray coatings to steel and concrete in a manner that meets the requirements of a given job specification
Lectures, Exercises, Practical Demonstrations. Programme will be 40% theoretical and 60% practical.
|6,Segun Gbele Close, Off Lola Holloway Street, Omole Phase 1, Ojodu-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
||Aug 01 - 05 Aug, 2016
15% discount applies for a group of 3-5 participants.