Being able to understand, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot an air conditioning system is what this course is all about. It has been designed to bring participants up to speed in their skills and knowledge as quickly and safely as possible. The programme has been designed for anyone who needs to understand basic operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of air conditioning and refrigeration systems in order to improve efficiencies and uptime in commercial, industrial, or residential locations.
- Fundamentals of AC and R
- Air conditioning equipment and human comfort
- Basics of heat transfer relating to AC-R
- Compression Refrigeration Cycle
- Temperature and humidity - measurement and perception
- Basic introduction to heat gains and losses in buildings
- Comfort and precision air conditioning systems, type and uses
- Properties of air and water vapor
- Chilled water in air conditioning
- Introduction to the various types of ventilation systems
- AC-R fundamentals including the vapor compression cycle
- Modern refrigerants
- Analysis of an AC-R circuit using gauges and thermometers
- Auxiliary System Components
- AC andR Electrical Control Circuits
- Refrigeration Systems
- System Diagnostics, Servicing and Troubleshooting
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and explain the principles of air conditioning and refrigeration.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the types of air conditioning systems, applications and operating principles including refrigeration and chilled water systems as well as basic ventilation needs and equipment.
- Provide a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of the vapor compression refrigeration system, how it works, the key components and the characteristics of refrigerants.
- Undertake pipework fabrication and jointing
- Carry out basic electrical testing
- Carry out refrigerant recovery and disposal
Lectures, Exercises, Practical Demonstrations. Programme will be 40% theoretical and 60% practical.