The Auto Electrical course enables participants to gain skills in all aspects of the automotive electrical trade. Auto-Electricians have the responsibility to overhaul and repair all electrical systems on a vehicle. This also includes maintaining of all systems i.e. headlight adjustment, re-wiring of circuits, setting engine timing, battery maintenance.
- Introduction to Electrical Concepts
- Fault finding on basic electrical circuits
- Understanding Wiring Diagrams and Symbols
- Introduction to Electronic Signals
- Understanding and Using Electrical and Electronics Diagnostic Tools
- Steps to Trouble-Shooting
- Maintain a storage battery
- Starting System
- The Charging System
- Conductors and cables
- Removing and mounting bearings
- Starter motors
- Ignition system and lights
- Monitoring circuits
- Electronic ignition and fuel injection
- General maintenance
- Participants will be able to use basic principles of auto electricity, in conjunction with manufacturers’ electrical diagrams, to diagnose and effectively maintain/repair automotive electrical faults.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and explain the principles of air conditioning and refrigeration.
- Acquire a basic understanding of the types of air conditioning systems, applications and operating principles including refrigeration and chilled water systems as well as basic ventilation needs and equipment.
- Provide a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of the vapour compression refrigeration system, how it works, the key components and the characteristics of refrigerants.
- Undertake pipework fabrication and jointing
- Carry out basic electrical testing
- Carry out refrigerant recovery and disposal
Lectures, Exercises, Practical Demonstrations. Programme will be 40% theoretical and 60% practical.