Platters (welders) are responsible for cutting, welding and fashioning steel into parts for machinery, conveyor systems and underground and surface vehicles. Maintenance welding is an ongoing function that keeps plant and factory facilities up and producing. This Welders Capacity Building programme is designed to upgrade the skills of welders and those that are charged with the responsibility of maintenance and repair works in industry.
- Welding Safety Essentials
- Introduction to welding and welding processes
- Overview of welding types
- Welding ferrous and Non-ferrous metals
- Arc welding processes
- Welding stainless steel
- Welding cold cast iron
- Using TIG welding equipment
- Using MIG welding equipment
- Fabricating a pipe bend
- Erecting a steel construction
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Plan welding maintenance and repairs
- Repair broken parts of industrial equipment and machineries
- Rebuild worn out parts
- Use welding to carry out repairs
- Identify the basic safety precautions and procedures for welding, cutting, and allied processes.
- Identify the protective equipment and clothing needed for welding.
Lectures, Exercises, Practical Demonstrations. Programme will be 40% theoretical and 60% practical.
|6,Segun Gbele Close, Off Lola Holloway Street, Omole Phase 1, Ojodu-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
||Mar 06 - 10 Mar, 2017
15% discount applies for a group of 3-5 participants.