Plasma cutting is a process that is used to cut steel and other metals of different thicknesses (or sometimes other materials) using a plasma torch. In this process, a gas (oxygen, air, inert and others dependant on material) is blown at high speed out of a nozzle; at the same time an electrical arc is formed through that gas from the nozzle to the surface being cut, turning some of that gas to plasma. The plasma is hot enough to melt the metal being cut and moves fast enough to blow molten metal away from the cut.
- What Is Plasma Cutting?
- Power Supply
- Plasma Cutting Torch Operation
- Starter Types
- Air Flow Control
- Plasma Cutting Safety
- Preparing a Cut and Steps for Cutting
- Cutting Guides
- Plasma Gouging and Plasma Piercing
- Mechanized Plasma Cutting
- Basic Troubleshooting
- The Advantages/Disadvantages of Plasma Cutting
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe what plasma is and how it cuts metal.
- Identify common industrial uses for plasma systems.
- Articulate the differences among various thermal cutting methods.
- Properly set up and operate a plasma system.
- Correctly install and use plasma consumables.
- Demonstrate proper plasma safety procedures.
- Execute a variety of cuts and gouges.
Lectures, Exercises, Practical Demonstrations. Programme will be 40% theoretical and 60% practical.
|6,Segun Gbele Close, Off Lola Holloway Street, Omole Phase 1, Ojodu-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
||Apr 03 - 07 Apr, 2017
15% discount applies for a group of 3-5 participants.