A machinist is a tradesperson who makes repairs or operates machines and tools. Specifically, a machinist can set up and operate precision metal cutting and grinding machines. A concern for safety, attention to detail and a commitment to precision are some of the requirements for a machinist.
The Machinist program is designed to train individuals in the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to set up and operate precision metal cutting and grinding machines such as lathes, milling machines, drills, shapers, boring mills and grinders.
- Machine Shop Safety
- Basic Layout
- Hand and Power Tools
- Hand Threading and Reaming
- Precision Measurement
- Cutting Fluids, Coolants, Lubricants and Solvent
- Machinable Materials
- Hoisting, Lifting and Rigging
- Drills and Drill Presses
- Conventional Lathe Drilling, Boring, Reaming, Tapping and Die Threading
- Taper Turning
- Basic Threading
- Introduction to Milling Machines
- Reciprocating Machines
- Machine Cutting Tools
- Power Sawing Equipment
- Introduction to Grinding and Abrasives
- Heat Treatment
- Workplace Essentials
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate safe work practices and personal protection.
- Interpret specifications, charts, drawings or sample parts to determine the machining operation required.
- Select workplace materials.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances, and prepare sketches if necessary.
- Set up and operate tools.
Lectures, Exercises, Practical Demonstrations. Programme will be 40% theoretical and 60% practical.
|6,Segun Gbele Close, Off Lola Holloway Street, Omole Phase 1, Ojodu-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
||Feb 20 - 24 Feb, 2017
15% discount applies for a group of 3-5 participants