We’ve all met that dynamic, charismatic person that just has a way with others, and has a way of being remembered. This workshop will help participants work towards being that unforgettable person by providing communication skills, negotiation techniques, tips on making an impact, and advice on networking and starting conversations.
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Listening and Hearing: They Aren’t the Same Thing
- Asking Questions
- Communicating with Power
- Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Body Language
- The Signals You Send to Others
- It’s Not What You Say, It’s How You Say It
- Making Small Talk and Moving Beyond
- Starting a Conversation
- The Four Levels of Conversation
- Moving the Conversation Along
- Asking for Examples
- Using Repetition
- Using Summary Questions
- Asking for Clarity and Completeness
- Remembering Names
- Creating a Powerful Introduction
- Using Mnemonics
- Uh-Oh…I’ve Forgotten Your Name
- Influencing Skills
- Seeing the Other Side
- Building a Bridge
- Giving In Without Giving Up
- Bringing People to Your Side
- A Dash of Emotion
- Plenty of Facts
- Bringing It All Together
- Sharing Your Opinion
- Using I-Messages
- Disagreeing Constructively
- Building Consensus
- Negotiation Basics
- Making an Impact
- Creating a Powerful First Impression
- Assessing a Situation
- Being Zealous without Being Offensive
- Wrapping Up
- Words from the Wise
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the difference between hearing and listening
- Know some ways to improve the verbal skills of asking questions and communicating with power.
- Understand what non-verbal communication is and how it can enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Identify the skills needed in starting a conversation, moving a conversation along, and progressing to higher levels of conversation.
- Identify ways of creating a powerful introduction, remembering names, and managing situations when you’ve forgotten someone’s name.
- Understand how seeing the other side, building bridges and giving in without giving up can improve skills in influencing other people and more.
- Understand how the use of facts and emotions can help bring people to your side.
- Identify ways of sharing one’s opinions constructively.
- Learn tips in preparing for a negotiation, opening a negotiation, bargaining, and closing a negotiation.
- Learn tips in making an impact through powerful first impressions, situation assessment, and being zealous without being offensive.
All levels of employees.