By: Sandhills Consulting Nigeria Ltd
Lagos State, Nigeria
Mar 20 - 21 Mar, 2017
Welcome to the Facilitation Skills workshop. Facilitation is often referred to as the new cornerstone of management philosophy. With its focus on fairness and creating an easy decision making, facilitation can make any organization make better decisions. This workshop will give participants an understanding of what facilitation is all about, as well as some tools that they can use to facilitate small meetings.
- Understanding Facilitation
- What is Facilitation?
- What is a Facilitator?
- When is Facilitation Appropriate?
- Process vs. Content
- About Process
- About Content
- A Facilitator’s Focus
- Laying the Groundwork
- Choosing a Facilitated Approach
- Planning for a Facilitated Meeting
- Collecting Data
- Tuckman and Jensen’s Model of Team Development
- Stage One: Forming
- Stage Two: Storming
- Stage Three: Norming
- Stage Four: Performing
- Building Consensus
- Encouraging Participation
- Gathering Information
- Presenting Information
- Synthesizing and Summarizing
- Reaching a Decision Point
- Identifying the Options
- Creating a Short List
- Choosing a Solution
- Using the Multi-Option Technique
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Addressing Disruptions
- Common Types of Difficult People and How to Handle Them
- Helping the Group Resolve Issues on Their Own
- Addressing Group Dysfunction
- Using Ground Rules to Prevent Dysfunction
- Restating and Reframing Issues
- Some of the ways of restating and reframing includes
- Getting People Back on Track
- About Intervention
- Why Intervention May Be Necessary
- When to Intervene
- Levels of Intervention
- Intervention Techniques
- Using Your Processes
- Boomerang it Back
- ICE It: Identify, Check for Agreement, Evaluate How to Resolve
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define facilitation and identify its purpose and benefits.
- Clarify the role and focus of a facilitator.
- Differentiate between process and content in the context of a group discussion.
- Provide tips in choosing and preparing for facilitation.
- Identify a facilitator’s role when managing groups in each of Tuckman and Jensen’s stages of group development: forming, storming, norming, and performing.
- Identify ways a facilitator can help a group reach a consensus: from encouraging participation to choosing a solution.
- Provide guidelines in dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions, and difficult people in groups.
- Define what interventions are, when they are appropriate, and how to implement them.
Managers, Supervisors, Trainers, Team and Group Leaders
Venue: 6,Segun Gbele Close, Off Lola Holloway Street, Omole Phase 1, Ojodu-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Catalytic Coaching Workshop
Lagos State, Nigeria
Nov 07 - 09 Nov, 2016
Sandhills Consulting Nigeria Ltd
Fundamental problems exist with traditional Performance Management (pm) system because of the flaws in the basic ...