Practical OTDR, Optical Power Meter and Light Source Testing Training
By: Neonetwireless Nig Ltd
Lagos State, Nigeria
Jul 30 - 30 Dec, 2016
Neonetwireless Nig Ltd Offers Introduction to OTDR Testing. This training covers advanced OTDR analysis functions, as well as the post-processing tools related to OTDR testing, loss testing methods; particularly, insertion loss (IL) and optical return loss (ORL). The testing part of the course includes theory.
Attendees will learn how to use JILONG features of OTDRs as well its analysis software.
- Bidirectional analysis function
- Echoes and ghost reflections
- Template OTDR traces and Template Mode, Prerequisites, Introduction to OTDR Testing, Methodology
- The first part of this course consists of lectures using PowerPoint presentations and demonstrations, while the second part consists of specific hands-on OTDR testing exercises and experiments on bidirectional analysis.
- Advantages of fiber optics over copper wire
- Principles of light propagation
- Causes of attenuation in the fiber
- Common types of fibers and connectors (pros and cons)
- Sources, detectors and other fundamental components
- Difference between measurements units: watts, dBm, dB
- Insertion loss measurements using an optical source and a power meter
- Referenced measurements in dB
- Causes of reflectance in the fiber
- Refl ectance measurements using a back reflection meter
- Reflectance vs. ORL
Facilitators: Engineer Emmanuel
Venue: Neonetwireless Nig Ltd 39A Ayilara Street Of Lawanson-itire rd Opp Ojuelegba bustop Surulere Lagos.