Those who are in management are responsible for protecting the safety of their employees. Workplace safety, however, is the responsibility of everyone in an organization.
Companies have legal obligations to meet certain health and safety requirements, but many go further than the minimum obligations. Safety and health standards and procedures must be put in place and everyone needs to follow the standards in order for them to be effective.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to
- Define workplace safety.
- Understand legal responsibilities associated with a safe and healthy work environment.
- Create a safety plan and identify hazards.
- Recognize the role of management.
- Develop training procedures.
- Learn how to implement a safety and health plans.
- An Overview
- Work Safety and Health Legislations
- Roles and Duties
- Safety Planning
- Types of Hazards
- Computer Workstations
- Fire Prevention
- Fitness and Wellness
- Heat Stress
- Managers Role
- Promoting and Enforcing Safety Standards
- Elements of a Health and Safety Program
- Corporate Culture
- Reasons for Training
- On the Job Training
- Safety Meetings
- Planning and Conducting a Training Session
- Stress Management
- Relaxation Techniques
- Using Routines to Reduce Stress
- Workplace Violence
- What is Workplace Violence?
- Identifying, Addressing and Implementing a Workplace Harassment Policy
- Identifying Your Company Hazards
- Conducting an Inspection
- Prioritizing Deficiencies
- Report and Following Up
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse for Employees, Managers or Supervisors
- When to Address / Implementing a “No Tolerance” Rule
- Writing the Safety Plan
- Management Involvement
- Employee Involvement
- Follow Through with Accident Investigations
- Training of Employees
- Implement the Plan
- Selecting an Employee Representative
- Identifying Roles
- Assigning Responsibility
- Follow Through
- Lessons Learned
- Completion of Action Plans and Evaluations
Target Audience - All Employees in the Factories and Offices.
|6,Segun Gbele Close, Off Lola Holloway Street, Omole Phase 1, Ojodu-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
||Dec 21 - 23 Dec, 2016
15% discount will apply for a group of 3 – 5 participants