Controlling and limiting anger is important in every aspect of one's life. Without control you are putting limits on what you can accomplish in your personal and professional life. Anger can be an incredibly damaging force, costing people their jobs, personal relationships, and even their lives when it gets out of hand. However, since everyone experiences anger, it is important to have constructive approaches to manage it effectively.
The Anger Management course will help teach participants how to identify their anger triggers and what to do when they get angry.
At the end of this course, participants will have the necessary skills to:
- Understand anger dynamics in terms of the anger cycle and the fight and flight theory.
- Know common anger myths and their factual refutations.
- Know the helpful and unhelpful ways of dealing with anger.
- Understand the difference between objective and subjective language.
- Know tips in identifying the problem.
- Express a feeling or position using I-messages.
- Negotiation and solution building
- Reflect on one’s hot buttons and personal anger dynamics.
- Learn and practice de-escalation techniques.
- Understanding Anger
- The Cycle of Anger
- Understanding Fight or Flight
- Common Myths about Anger
- Dos and Don’ts
- Unhelpful Ways of Dealing with Anger
- Helpful Ways of Dealing with Anger
- Gaining Control
- A Word of Warning
- Using Coping Thoughts
- Using Relaxation Techniques
- Blowing Off Some Steam
- Separate the People from the Problem Objective vs. Subjective Language
- Identifying the Problem Using “I” Messages
- Working on the Problem Using Constructive Disagreement Negotiation Tips
- Building Consensus
- Identifying Solutions Solving the Problem
- Choosing a Solution
- Making a Plan
- Getting it done
- A Personal Plan
- Understanding Hot Buttons
- Identifying Your Hot Buttons
- A Personal Anger Log
- The Triple A Approach
- Alter, Avoid and Accept Dealing with Angry People
- Understanding the Energy Curve
- De-escalation Techniques
- When to Back Away and What to Do Next
- Pulling It All Together Process
- Overview Putting It into Action
|56A Bourdilon Road, Ikoyi
||Oct 26 - 28 Oct, 2016
40% Discount available for all payments made before the end of July, 2016