Owning a business requires a vision balanced with attention to detail. You need to be a generalist who understands the multiple aspects of running a business, as well as the ability to step back and see the big picture and to reach into the future.
The business environment is a complex place to be. Whether you wish to work as a consultant or freelancer, establish a corporation, or set up an operation that meets a need for very particular type of customer, there is a tremendous amount of information that you need to know and to apply.
This two-day course provides essential learning for new business owners and managers, whether the business is just in the idea stage or you have already begun and need to fill in the gaps.
This two-day workshop will show participants how to:
- Apply the best methods for creating, leading, and managing their own business
- Establish an organizational framework through operations, finance, and leadership
- Set up an effective and efficient system for hiring, retaining, and succession planning
- Start researching and designing their strategic plan
- Describe the essential elements of marketing, sales, and their company brand
- Apply financial and accounting terms correctly
- Session 1: Who Are You and What Are You About?
- Session 2: Designing Your Organizational Structure
- Session 3: Introduction to Operations Management
- Session 4: Understanding Financial Terms
- Session 5: Getting the Right People in Place
- Session 6: Getting Your Product Together
- Session 7: Building a Corporate Brand
- Session 8: Marketing Your Product
- Session 9: Selling Your Product
- Session 10: Planning for the Future
- Session 11: Goal Setting and Goal Getting
- Session 12: Succession Planning
- Session 13: Managing Your Money
- Session 14: Ethics 101
- Session 15: Building a Strong Customer Care Team
- Session 16: Training Employees for Success
- Session 17: Leadership Essentials
|45 Lagos street, Ebutte-Metta, Yaba, Lagos.
||Sep 06 - 07 Sep, 2016
Professor Benjamin K. Ofili, Department Chair - Business Administration College of Business and Technology, North-eastern State University - USA