The functions of management include, planning, budgeting, controlling and reporting. All managers in various organizations must embrace these functions for them to be effective in their duties. These functions have much Accounting and Finance content. It is therefore imperative for managers to have a working knowledge of the fundamentals of Accounting and Finance. Managers who take this course will witness a huge difference in their performance.
- Course Opening and Introduction
- Pre-course Assessment
- Understand and Describe Accounting and Finance Basic Terminologies
- The Accounting Equation
- Preparing the Basic Financial Statements
- Review of the Accounting Cycle
- Preparing the Trial Balance
- Making Adjustments in Accounting Purpose and Procedure
- Preparing the Income Statement
- Cost Behaviour Patterns and Analysis
- Different Costs for Different Purposes
- Preparing the Balance Sheet
- Group Exercise and Problem Solving
- Analysing Financial Statements-liquidity
- Profitability Solvency and more
- ABC of Budgeting and Budgetary Control
- What is Cost?
- What is an Expense?
- Different Cost for Different Purpose
- Understanding Cost Behaviour Patterns for Decision Making.
- Classifying Costs by Type and Function
- Profitability Analysis and Prediction of Profit
- Types of Budgets
- Budget Preparation: An Overview.
- Preparing Cash-Flow Statement
- Preparing Statement of Cash Receipt and Disbursement
- Evaluate Internal Control for Fraud and Theft Detection