Information Communication and Technology (ICT) has revolutionised and transformed Business Organisations and the world as a whole beyond comprehension.
Organisations investing in ICT infrastructure and Human Capacity are known to improve operational performance, attract and retain employee’s computer literacy. This has now become a requirement for employment from the lowest levels to the topmost levels of organisations.
My experience as a University Professor and Dean for many years in the United States and in Nigeria suggests that there still exists a serious ICT gap particularly in Nigeria. With the advent of Enterprise Information Systems, most functions are integrated across departments and employees can now share data, knowledge, and are able to work globally, giving rise to flexible schedules.
ICT training will obviously position an Organisation to optimize its overall productivity and competitive advantage.
Content And Schedule
- Course Opening and Introduction
- Pre Course Evaluation
- Characteristics and Application of Computers
- Components of a Computer System
- Central Processing Unit
- Hardware, Software Input / Output Devices and Peripherals
- Types of Storage Systems
- Operating Systems and Application Software
- Definition of Information and Data
- Concepts of Data
- Information as Files
- The Effective use of Mouse and Moving Icons
- Control Panels
- Wall Papers and Screen Savers
- Advanced Windows
- Creating Short-Cuts
- Windows Accessories
- Effective use of the Keyboard
- DOS and Windows Compared
- Switching Between DOS and Windows
- Manipulation of File / Directory
- Copying Files on Disc
- Delete and Undelete
- Formatting disc and Flash
- Basic Word Processing
- Opening Word
- The Menu Bar
- Using Help and Icons below the Menu Bar
- Opening and Closing Documents
- Save and Save as
- Page Setup
- Printing Documents
- Display / Hiding of Paragraph Marks
- Moving Around a Document
- Using the Help Wizard
- Text Creation and Manipulation
- Moving Around in a Document
- Scrolling by Line / Paragraph
- Scrolling Fast and Moving Pages.
- Paragraph and Tab Setting
- Text Selection; Cut, Copy and Paste
- Font and Size Selection, Bold, Italic, Underline.
- Text Alignment: Centre, Left, Right and Justify.
- Formatting the Text
- Changing Font, Size and Colour
- Paragraph Indenting
- Bullets and Numbering
- Using Tab and Setting
- Changing Case
- Handling Multiple Documents
- Opening and closing
- Cut, copy and Paste Across Documents.
- Saving of Clip Board
- Table Manipulation
- What Tables, Rows, Columns and Cells are?
- Draw Table and Illustrate.
- Making Changes in Cell Width and Height
- Alignment of Text in Cell
- Copying of Cell, Delete and Insert in Rows and Columns
- Creating Borders for Table
- Printing- Printing Preview and Print Selected Page
- Group Exercise
- MS Excel
- What is a Spread Sheet?
- Formatting Toolbars
- Creating a New Workbook
- Editing Spread Sheets
- Entering, Moving, Editing and Copying Data
- Providing Formulas
- Using Basic Functions: Sum, Average, Percentage and other Basic Functions
- Excel Group Exercise
- The Internet and the WWW
- What is the Internet?
- Connecting to the Internet
- Using the Internet Application
- Navigating the Web
- Searching the Web as a Research Tool
- Other Applications: Internet Explorer, Search Engines, Keyword and Boolean Searches
- Downloading Information (Internet Explorer)
- Good Downloading and Bad Downloading.
- Files, Music, Games, etc.
- Exploring Files and Windows
- Microsoft Power Point
- Creating a Presentation from a Blank Slide
- Creating a Presentation from a Template
- Editing Presentations
- Post Course Evaluations
- Group and Individual Photographs
On completion of the workshop, the participants should
- Understand the use, importance, and purpose of computers and their applications.
- Have a working knowledge of the computer.
- Understand data concept, hardware and software.
- Be capable of using windows and applying word processing and the basic help wizards.
- Be capable of creating and manipulating text.
- Be capable of working with a document, creating tables, borders.
- Be able to create spread sheets, enter data and use the basic functions and formula.
- Be capable of using the internet application.
- Be capable of creating Power Point for making presentations.
- Understand the concept of Cloud Computing,
- Should be exposed to enterprise software like SAP, ORACLE, their applications and benefits to business organisations, and more
|6,Segun Gbele Close, Off Lola Holloway Street, Omole Phase 1, Ojodu-Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
||Jan 04 - 06 Jan, 2017
15% discount will apply for a group of 3 – 5 participants