Balanced Scorecards are core to strategic planning. They are used by over 40% of organisations in commerce and industry and government to align activities to vision and strategy by monitoring performance against quantified objectives.
The approach combines forward looking performance measures and historical financial metrics to give managers a ‘balanced’ view of organisational performance.
Today, global leaders underpin decision making with “dashboards” of performance measures. For them, the Balanced Scorecard has evolved into a fully integrated strategic planning and management system. This process drives business planning, budget and execution.
It provides a decision making framework using a model complete with performance measurements known as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Why Implement a Balanced Scorecard?
- Align strategy, execution and results
- Improve performance by measuring what matters
- Focus on the drivers of future performance
- Communicate the organisation’s Vision and Strategy
- Prioritize Projects / Initiatives
- Integrate Risk, Governance and Compliance
- Key Performance Indicators
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are measures that provide managers with the most important performance information to enable them or their stakeholders to understand performance levels throughout the organisation. In a Balanced Scorecard, KPIs provide the links between strategic objectives their execution.
- Latest developments in Balanced Scorecard and Performance Framework
- The know-how for successful deployment leading to corporate performance improvement
- Implementation templates, milestones and timescales
- Cost and benefits analysis for implementing Balanced Scorecards
- Opportunity to bring own client organisation issues that will be addressed during the training.