This programme is suitable for all levels of managers and supervisors responsible for carrying out staff appraisals.
Managing and monitoring staff performance is accepted to be part of the role of a manager/supervisor. However the words, “it’s time for your annual appraisal” seem to provoke feelings of anxiety in management and staff alike. This is because ‘Appraisal’ is still a negative word in many organizations. Because of this, some staff still counts themselves fortunate if they do not get appraised at all! However the good news is - some staffs are luckier still - they get appraised well!
Carried out effectively, appraisals can be one of the most motivational and effective management tools. Unfortunately many companies, either do not have an appraisal system, or have one that is bureaucratic and ineffective.
This course is designed to show you how an organization, and an individual, can conduct more effective and participative appraisal discussions that have a positive impact on key business objectives.
- To ensure participants understand how to prepare, structure, and run effective appraisal discussions
- To give participants the opportunity to: plan an appraisal meeting, practise carrying out a pre-appraisal meeting, set clear goals, and learn the key points in the structure of an effective appraisal.
What You Will Gain
- A clear structure for pre-appraisal and appraisal meetings
- A better understanding of the ‘Do’s’ and ‘Don’ts’ of appraisal.
- How to get the best out of staff performance through the appraisal year.
- A clear understanding of best practice for conducting appraisal sessions.
- What Is An Appraisal?
- Performance Appraisal Guidelines
- Benefits Of The Appraisal Process
- Managing The Performance Appraisal Loop
- Guidelines For The Appraisal
- The Framework For An Appraisal Interview
- Agenda For The Appraisal Meeting
- How To Structure An Appraisal Discussion
- How To Get The Discussion Off To A Positive Start
- How To Give Effective Feedback-The Golden Rules
- How To Set Performance Goals / Objectives
- Monitoring And Reviewing Performance
- Communication Skills For Appraisers
- Listening Skills – How To Improve Them
- Training And Development Needs
- Personal Development Plan
- Appraisal Role Plays
Participatory approach to learning is adopted where participants play an active role in the training session with various tools including case studies, simulation, group discussions & exercises, training videos and role play.