This Piping Engineering and Design program is designed to present all major topics relevant to the Detailed Engineering and Layout Design of Piping Systems, Mechanical, Pressure and Hydraulic Design of Process Piping Systems. And it covers elementary topics in fabrication, installation, integrity assessment and maintenance of piping systems.
The program is full time Instructor based and focused on concept theory, problem solving, system design, drafting and exposure to Industry Leading Software.
This is both the Best and most Exclusive Training Program in Nigeria on the subject that is comprehensive and suitable for both beginners and intermediate level engineers; believing that professionalism is acquired on the job.
- Introduction to Process Plants
- Scope of Piping in Projects
- Plant Piping Systems and Transportation Pipelines
Definition and Application of Pipe
- Pipe Designators - NPS , IPS , NB, Pipe Wall Thickness and Schedule, Pipe
- Weights, Lengths, Grades, Ends, Joining Methods, Methods of Manufacture, Pipe Ratings, Pipe Symbols.
âASME Codes and Standards
- Introduction to ASME Pressure Piping Design Codes.
- ASME Standards for Common Piping Elements.
- API Codes
- Other Codes and Standards
Pipe Fittings - ASME Standards, Selection, Application, Drawing Symbols and Dimensioning.
- Types of Fittings - Butt Weld, Screwed and Socket Weld.
- Elbow - 90 degree (LR and SR), 45 degree, Reducing Elbow
- Pipe Bends – Miter Bends, 180 degree Return.
- Branch Connections - Weld Straight and Reducing Tee, Cross and Lateral.
- Fabricated Branch Connections - Stub In and Stub On, Welding Minimums for Stub In,
- Branch Reinforcements – Reinforcing Pad, Welding Saddle andOlets
- O-let Fittings - Weldolets, Sockolets, Threadolets, Latrolets, Elbolets and Sweepolets.
- Reducers - Concentric and Eccentric, Reducer Offsets.
- Types of Couplings, Weld Cap.
- Fitting Makeup - Dimensioning, Minimum Pipe Length Requirements,
- Placement of Dimensions
- Screwed and Socket Weld Fittings - Union, Plug, Coupling, Types of Swages.
- Manufacturing methods of and markings on fittings
- Dimensioning Exercises
Pipe Flanges - ASME Standards, Symbols, Selection and Application.
- Definition of Flange
- Types of Flanges based on Face and Application, P-T. Ratings - Forged
- Steel and Cast Iron Flanges.
- Flange Facings - Flat Face, Raised Face, RTJ, and Male - Female, Tongue and
- Groove, Flange Face Finish
- Weld Neck, Slip On, Threaded, Socket Weld, Lap-Joint, Reducing, Blind and
- Orifice Flanges.
- Gaskets - Types, Thickness, Bolts and Nuts
- Dimensioning Exercises
Valves - ASME/API Standards, Symbols, Selection and Application
- Valve Functions, Locations and End Connections.
- Valve Types - Gate, Globe, Ball, Check, Butterfly, Angle, PRV/PSV, and Plugs etc.
- Control Valve Manifold. -Layout Representation and Requirements.
- Valve Operators.
- Valve Layout Considerations
- Valve Data Sheets
- Valve Selection
- Dimensioning Exercises
- Piping Special Elements
- Bellows/Expansion Joints
- Rupture Disc
- Spectacle Blind
- Spray Nozzles
- Steam Traps
- Flame Arrestor
- Vortex Breaker
Mechanical Equipment - API Standards, Symbols, and Application.
- Static - Horizontal Vessels, Vertical Vessels, Storage Tanks, Heat Exchanger and Reboiler
- Rotary - Pumps, Compressor, Fans, and Steam Turbines.
- Flow Diagrams
- Process Flow Diagram - PFD
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagram - P&ID.
- Line Numbering
- P&ID Requirements
- Print Reading Exercise
- Line Number
- Flow Diagram Vs Piping Drawings.
- Flow Diagram Exercises.
- Symbols and Abbreviations.
- Instrument Types and Symbols – Flow, Temp, and Pressure and Level
- Utility Flow Diagram – UFD
- Piping Specifications
- Material Selection
- P-T ratings
- Valve Data Sheets
Plot Plan, Equipment Layout, and Piping GA Drawings.
- Plot Plan Development and Requirements.
- Equipment Layout Terminology, Control Point and Battery Limits.
- Preparation of Equipment Layout
- Piping GA Drawing Requirements and Layout Procedure
- Pump GA Drawing and Layout Consideration
- Tank and Vessel Layout Consideration
- GA - Print Reading Exercise
- Drawing Piping Isometrics
- Isometric Dimensions, Notes and Callouts
- Isometric Offsets.
- Print Reading Exercises.
- Exercises on Creation of Isometrics form Piping Plans and Sections
- Types of Spool Drawings.
- Guidelines to Prepare Spool Drawings
- Print Reading Exercises
- Exercises on Creation of Piping Spool from Piping Isometrics
- Preparation of BOQ /MTO
- Classification of Supports
- Primary and Secondary
- Pipe Guides
- Limit Stops
- Pipe Shoe
- Dummy Leg / Trunion
- Field Support / Base Support
- Rigid Hangers - Rod and Clevis, Trapeze
- Flexible Hangers - Variable and Constant
Pipe Rack Design - Types, Height and Width Calculations, Pipe Arrangements
- Control Station and Utility Station on Pipe Racks
- Numerous Exercises are carried out to illustrate application to Piping Systems, Detailed Engineering, Layout Engineering and Pipe Drafting
Piping Systems Design
- Hydraulic Design of Liquid Piping Systems and Pipelines
- Pipe Sizing calculations
- Velocity Variation in Pipes
- Typical Velocities for Water Piping and Other Liquids
- Pressure Drop due to Friction
- Hazen Williams Equation and Darcy Weisbach Equation
- Friction Factor, Reynolds Number, Colebrook White Equation and Moody Diagram
- Minor Losses in Pipe Fittings - Equivalent Length Method and K Factor method.
- Total Pressure Required - Friction Head, Elevation Head, Minimum Delivery Pressure
- Elements of Total Dynamic Head - Static Head, Pressure Head, Velocity Head, Friction Head
- Pump Horse Power Required.
- Cavitation in Pumps
- NPSH Required and NPSH Available for Pumps.
- Numerous Examples are covered to illustrate application of Pipe Hydraulics
âPressure Design of Process Piping Systems - ASME B 31.3
- Scope of ASME B 31.3,
- ASME B 31.3 Fluid Service Categories
- Design Pressure and Design Temperature for Piping Systems
- P-T Ratings of Flanges, Butt-weld Fittings and Socket Weld Fittings
- Pressure Design of Straight Pipe under Internal Pressure - Wall thickness Calculations
- MDP - Maximum Design Pressure for Piping Systems
- Branch Reinforcements -Reinforcement Pad Calculations
- Pipeline Wall thickness Calculations - B 31.4 / B 31.8
- MAOP -Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure for Pipelines.
- Piping Material Selection per ASME Code.
Who Should Attend
- Mechanical, Chemical, Petroleum and Material Engineers
- Technicians, Fitters and Welders
What You Will Learn
- How to perform Detailed Engineering, Design, Drafting and layout design of Chemical plant, Petroleum refinery, Gas Processing plant, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Textile, Paper, Semiconductor and Cryogenic Plants in line with the requirements of ASME B 31.3
Materials- (Your Take Home)
- Training Manuals, Software (PipeData Pro), Piping Engineering andDesign eBooks, Design Charts and Tables and we Guarantee Knowledge transfer.
What You Should Bring
Participants should bring a Laptop computer (if you have one), a scientific calculator, sketch pad, pen and a note book.