This highly interactive programme auditing in the oil and gas industry focuses on the correct application of the ISAs and common auditing issues that occur regularly in practice. In order to make the programme as practical as possible it includes formal presentations, quizzes, case studies and role play exercises so that “essential people skills” are improved along with the technical knowledge.
During this programme, auditing in the oil and gas industry, you will learn how to:
- Audit the main risk areas in oil and gas companies
- Consider the impact of fraud in such companies and devise controls and tests for the prevention and detection of fraud
- Plan, conduct and conclude an external audit in the most efficient way whilst gaining valuable insights into audit related issues in all areas of the audit file for oil and gas companies
- Understand the requirements of International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and specifically how they impact on the audit of oil and gas companies.
- Set up an effective internal audit function in such companies
- Improve your technical and “soft skills” such as communication skills, dealing with conflict and working as part of a team. This will be through role plays, quizzes and case studies