This programme business analysis within a project environment covers the essential skills that are necessary for the effective contribution from the business analysis discipline to a project. The programme begins with consideration of business analysis skills within a project context. It then moves to consider tools for requirements analysis and the critical skills that are needed for an effective business analyst, including prioritization, analytical thinking and conflict resolution.
Today’s organisation deals with ever increasing levels of complexity and the ever increasing speed of change. In order to achieve maximum effectiveness managers must continually sharpen their skills.
You will study how to:
- Understand and apply best practices of the business analysis discipline
- Conduct a business-needs analysis to elicit stakeholder requirements
- Utilise methods, tools and techniques to identify issues and opportunities
- Develop effective requirements and communication plans
- Prepare, manage and implement solution assessment and validation