The Certified Performance Improvement Professional Course in Lagos is part of a series of certification courses dedicated to enhancing Productivity in practice. These courses were organized in 2015 at global level in more than 25 cities from 4 continents, by The Centre for Productivity and Development.
The agenda for the Certified Performance Improvement Professional Course covered in the first day the following subjects:
- Performance Management Framework;
- Performance Improvement Scenarios;
- Data Analysis;
- Data Reporting;
The second day sessions covers the following discussion topics:
- Decision Making
- Initiative Management
- Learning and Improvement
- Building a Performance Culture
In the third day of the course the next themes are:
- Performance Improvement
- Performance Improvement: Stakeholders
- Performance Improvement: Operations
- Review and Certification Exam
The course has been attended by practitioners from all over the world, having different backgrounds and areas of expertise in their working fields like utilities, education and training.
Before beginning the course, sharing challenges of previous experience in improving performance was encouraged and some of them were:
- Overstretched targets
- Staff not involved in the target setting process
- Discrepancy between employee’s capabilities and job description
- Initiatives not liked with strategy / improper cascading
- Lack of standardization
- Translating theory into practice - applicability
- Integration and connection of initiatives with processes related to.
Participants were often invited to express some learning needs and they communicated the following expectations from the course:
- Create an efficient management system;
- Define the components and structure;
- Set strategies for performance improvement;
- Latest trends in performance improvement;
- Creating and managing recovery plans;
- Reviewing performance;
- Updating performance management architecture blueprint;
- Challenges in managing performance;
- Steps of the performance improvement process as part of the corporate level.
In addition to the training sessions, the learning experience is comprised of a pre-course stage, e-learning platform, a core course stage and an after-course stage. Upon participating at the face to face training course and completing all the activities on our eLearning platform participants receives the following:
Certificate of Attendance: after participating at the 4 days of on-site training course
Certified Performance Improvement Professional: after participants have successfully completed all of the 4 stages of the learning experience- pre-course activities, E-learning platform. 4 days of on-site training course and passing the Certification Exam.