This workshop is designed to raise awareness and critical importance of road safety among Commercial Transport, Professional and Private Drivers.
Whether you drive on the job or just commute to work by car, you’re in danger on the road unless you drive defensively. Road crashes have resulted in more waste of lives and property in Nigeria today than major communicable diseases and sundry aliments put together. While the average cost of accident crash runs into millions when a driver has a traffic accident that results in an injury, the cost can go even higher when an accident occurs with passengers onboard. Moreover when people / passenger (s) die in a road accident, this cost is even profound beyond just money. The truth is that these deaths, injuries and costs, however, are preventable.
The goal of this driver safety training is to save lives and loss of property and valuables resulting from vehicle accidents and crashes. Therefore training drivers to drive safely and defensively can significantly reduce these risks death and loss of property on Nigeria roads
By the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Understand the causes, effects and prevention of road traffic crashes
- Recognize defensive driving technique
- Understand automobile checks and routine maintenance
- Understand automobile fire prevention techniques
- Understand driver and driving laws
- Understand parking habits
- Understand traffic offences