By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Recognize important financial accounting topics and how to report them on financial statements.
- · Prepare and report financial statements with the required notes and disclosures in periodic and annual financial reports.
Financial statement and business decisions
- Accounting and financial systems
- Relationship among the financial statements
- Management uses of financial statements
The need for financial Reporting:
- The need for financial reporting:
- Transparency of financial reporting
- The concept of Quality of Earnings
- Corporate Annual Reports
- Segment Reporting and Analysis
- Management Decision and Analysis
Reporting and Interpreting Liabilities:
- Liabilities Defined and Classified
- Accounting for Contingent Liabilities
Reporting and Interpreting Sales Revenue,
Receivable and Cash:
- Accounting for sales Revenues, sales Discounts and Sales Returns
- Cash and Cash Equivalents
Reporting and Interpreting cost of goods sold and inventory
- Nature of inventory and cost of goods sold
- Inventory Costing Methods
Reporting and Interpreting Owners’ equity
- Types of Capital stock
- Accounting for Capital Stock
- Accounting for Treasury Shares
Reporting and Interpreting property, Plant and equipment, natural
Resources and intangibles
- Classifying Long-Lived Assets
- Measuring and Recording Fixed Assets
- Depreciation for Amortization
- Accounting for Disposal of Assets
- Reporting and Accounting for Intangibles
For Whom: Accountants, Auditors and other Financial Managers in both the Public and Private Sectors.
This course is being run by ALPHA PARTNERS in collaboration with THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA, LAGOS MAINLAND DISTRICT.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.