The effective management of the payroll function is crucial for every business with multiple employees. it is an aspect that requires attention to details and careful observation of the regulatory environment. The integration of the payroll function with the finance and human resource department further contributes to the operation management of a successful organization. This intensive four days workshop gives a comprehensive understanding of the principle of payroll management and effective controls with a strong emphasis on practical application in the working environment. Whether you are seeking to manage these functions within your organization or to diversify your skillets for career progressing, this workshop will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to perform the vital function of payroll management and the effective implementation of controls.
- Types of payroll systems
- The Acts that govern payroll
- Integration with company policies
- Internal payroll audit
- Employee compensation
- Additional employee benefits
- Types of deductions and why
- Setting up your payroll division
- Linking Payroll with company finance department
- Application of payroll accounts
- Payroll and external audit procedure
- Recording of payroll transaction in the accounting records
Effective Payroll Control
- Protection of payroll information
- What are internal controls?
- Implementation of payroll controls
- Evaluating payroll controls
For Whom: Accountants, Treasurers, Investment Managers, Cash Managers, Auditors and others who perform related functions in Public and Private Sectors.
This course is being run by Alpha Partners in collaboration with The Institute Of Chartered Accountants Of Nigeria, Lagos Mainland District.