For effectiveness in business communications, this course focuses on making managers to:
- Become highly skilled in the use of English Language
- Write memos, letters, reports, proposals excellently by presenting their contents with mechanical precision
- Organize their thoughts clearly before writing
- Know the techniques of outlining, drafting and revising their written messages
- Practice writing styles that are clear, concrete and courteous
- Pay attention to their spellings and punctuations
- Know the rules that guide the use of numerals in their written messages.
- Writing Guidelines
- Essence of effective business writing
- Planning the writing
- Organizing thought before writing.
- Prewriting and Planning
- Establishing purpose
- Clarifying readership
- Researching for facts.
- Doing the Writing
- Word usage
- Common errors in our use of English by Nigerians
- Word economy.
- The Business Writer’s Attitudes
- Simplicity and conciseness
- Confused words
- Outdated expressions
- Opinion words and expressions
- Look-alike words.
- Common Writing Problems
- Problem with Clichés
- Parallelism problems
- Misplaced modifiers
- British v. American English.
Attention to Grammar
- Verb exercises
- Noun and pronoun exercises
- Editing techniques
- Formatting the Writing
- Style and tone
- Body of letter
- Complimentary closure.
- Email Guidelines
- The recipients
- Keeping it short
- File attachments
- Plain texts.
- Writing Minutes of Meetings
- Minutes – what it is, what it is not
- The Importance of Minutes
- Types of Minutes
- Minutes Format
- Steps to Effective Minutes
- Qualities of Good Minutes.
- Types of Report
- Information/investigation report
- Progress Report
- Formal Reports
- Informal Reports
- SOPADA formula
- The “Need-to-know” v. “Nice-to-know” reports
- Executive Summary:
- The Purpose of an Executive Summary
- Main Stages and Techniques of Summarization
- Types of Summaries
- Qualities of an Effective Executive Summary
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
Registration: 8.30 - 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 - 4.00 p.m.
||Oct 26 - 28 Oct, 2017
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.