A training programme whose contents have been developed around six “Key Negotiation Lessons,” namely:
- Avoiding unreasonable or arbitrary positions
- Avoiding letting prejudices show through
- Avoiding negotiating by demands and ultimatums
- Presenting arguments calmly, without personalizing
- Explaining positions logically and frankly
- Recognizing legitimate concerns and needs of other side
Broad Competencies Addressed
- Ability to assess one’s central negotiating style - collaborate, compromise, defeat, withdraw or accommodate.
- Ability to assess one’s true power in any negotiation process
- Ability to concede without losing out
- Ability to employ any of the several tactics negotiators use and manage when any of the tactics are being tried by other parties
- Ability to assess a true crisis situation and not a contrived one, so as to employ the right crisis negotiating tactics at the right time.
- Laying the Groundwork
- Setting the Time and Place
- Establishing Common Ground
- Creating a Negotiation Framework
- The Negotiation Process
- Personal Preparation
- Rules for Commercial Negotiations
- Cost of Negotiated Solution
- Negotiating Concerns
- Interests, Needs and Alternatives in a Negotiation
- How to Improve Your Negotiating Results.
- Basic Negotiation Styles:
- Lose- lose
- Timing for Negotiation Advantage
- The Five Types of Power in a Negotiation Process
- How to Break an Impasse
- Managing Your Ego
- Closing with Confirmation
- Negotiating Positions
- Terms and Conditions
- Negotiating Interests
- Underlying motivations
- Negotiating Options
- Inventing an option is not a commitment
- Negotiating Standards
- Make the negotiation a joint search for independent standards
- People Issues
- Ease and tone of communication
- Negotiation Alternatives
- Choose your ZOPA
- Establish your BATNA
- Negotiation Tactics
- Glossary of Tactics
- Culture Sensitivity
- Negotiating with a typical European
- Negotiating with a typical American
- Negotiating with a typical African
- Negotiating with a typical Arab
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
Registration: 8.30 - 9.00 a.m.
Class Session: 9.00 - 4.00 p.m.
||Feb 08 - 10 Feb, 2017
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.