Wastes in the production of goods and services always exist and will grow without intervention. These are elements of products and services actually not valued by customers but yet are built into the production cost.
In a difficult economy, the type that Nigeria is experiencing at present, wants and needs change and SMEs must be attentive to them. The SMEs that manage their internal waste effectively are the ones which will survive.
This course takes participants through the effective processes of identify workplace wastes and how to eliminate the wastes for productivity and enhancement of profit.
- Defining Operational Wastes Are
- Types of Wastes
- Conducting a Waste Audit
- How wastes originate with or are experienced by people.
- How wastes relate to communication and management.
- How wastes originate from or relate to machines.
- The relationship between waste and hazards.
- How wastes originate from or relate to materials.
- How wastes originate in work methods.
- How wastes relate to quality and quality control.
- The wasteful effects of large-batch production.
- The importance of building safety into processes.
- Adding a metrics
- Key performance indicator
- War on waste