What is the significance of a business pitch?
- Entrepreneur sets out to seek financing - this is an idea about how to pitch an investor
- The Business seeks to raise additional working capital - the bankers have to be convinced
- The Sales Person wants his brand purchased - he must be adept and the sales pitch
- The Business Development Executive wants to break into the premium customer - he must show comprehensive acumen.
The audience must be excited about idea in ways that engage them in a conversation about the business, hopefully leading to a solid relationship.
Because decisions rarely are made after just one meeting, the goal is to spark interest in the idea, the business and the company, so they ask for next steps after they hear the pitch.
These and more are what this course is about.
- First Things First
- Do the Due Diligence - ask the right questions
- Industry and competitor analyses
- Performance facts - past, present
- Have a grasp on reality - best case, moderate case, worst case.
- Pitching Philosophy
- Tailor your message to address business specific needs
- Inspire confidence with facts
- Perfect your marketing tactics
- Perfect your sales strategies
- Perfect your operational procedures.
- Contents in a Pitch
- Opportunities, problems and pains to alleviate
- Current status
- The roadmap or process of executing
- Competitive analysis
- The team and accomplishments to date
- Relevant financials
- Pitching Styles and Techniques
- Start with a great first impression - short, snappy delivery that resonates
- Elevator pitch - short, sweet, to the point
- Avoid acronyms, tech speak, and jargons
- Share the successes and traction your team has had
- Graphics-filled, not words-filled presentation materials
- Not big talk but exactly how of your achievement process
- Embody your pitch with humor
- End with a call to action.
- Audience Grasp
- Solid data coupled with real-world references
- Highlights exactly what they are seeking
- Waste no time getting to the problem being solved
- Do it with style, creativity, and noteworthy tactics
- Position both yourself, the company and the product.
- Show examples of how your models make money
- Answer the questions - What do you sell? To whom? How much do they pay? and How do they pay you?
- Some Rules
- Present with a team of credible experts
- Practice your pitch on someone
- Blow the horn on your and your team’s accomplishments
- Practice your pitch before the meeting
- Five to ten simple slides, 40 minutes of persuasive talk
- Documentation to Submit
- Executive summary
- Technical document
- Research information
- The presentation slides in pdf format
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
||Nov 16 - 17 Nov, 2017
Registration: 08:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.