Understanding contract law has become an essential part of conducting our daily business functions. Your ability to be effective and to keep your company out of costly and time-consuming legal disputes depends on your knowledge or relevant laws but also on the ability to read and understand contracts and to draft or rewrite such contracts effectively. This course will teach best practice in effective purchasing and contract negotiation strategies.
How and why Contracts are dated?
- Formation of a contract
- The Key element of a contract
- Terms and Conditions of contract
- Incorporating documents by reference
- Form of Agreement
- Principles of contract Negotiation
Main Contract Clauses
- Obligation to deliver/Perform
- Compliance with law/change of law
- Indemnities and Insurance
- Third Parties
- Liability in Negligence
Document and Negotiations
- Letters of Intent or Award
- Bank and Insurance Bonds
- Alliance/Partners Agreements
- Negotiations contract qualifications and
Negotiation and Resolution of Disputes
- Contract Negotiation
- Dispute Resolution Clauses
- Avoiding Disputes by sound contract management
Other Contract Clauses
- Suspension and Termination
- Acceptance and Certificate
- Liquidated Damages/Penalties
- Complicit or Laws and Choice of Law Clauses
FOR WHOM: Stores/Warehouse Managers, Purchasing Officers in the Public and Private Sectors.
This course is being run by ALPHA PARTNERS in collaboration with THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA, LAGOS MAINLAND DISTRICT.