This course will take the PAs and Senior Secretaries through some thought process that focuses on the style and work culture which characterizes the managers they work with. The jobs of Personal Assistants and Senior Secretaries involve consciously working with the boss to obtain the best possible results for the organization, for the boss and, of course, for the PA and Secretary too!
- How PAs and Senior Secretaries work smart, not just hard, putting the most emphasis on the most critical functions.
- How they appreciate that nothing will help their career more than a reputation for high quality work that makes their boss look good.
- How they make their boss become comfortably dependent on them for new ideas and support.
- Changing Roles and Competencies in Top Secretarial Positions
- Traditional Roles
- Emerging Roles
- Understanding Changes Affecting Business
- Mastering Management Process & Office Organization
- Maintaining Corporate Secrecy and Confidentiality
- Records Keeping and Good Memory
- Interpersonal Skills
- We are all different
- We see things differently
- We do things differently
- Office Etiquette
- Managing the Boss
- Everyone’s Pal Boss
- Self-Promoter Boss
- High Achiever Boss
- Roadblocks Boss
- B + Manager
- Communicating Effectively
- Report writing skills
- Oral communication skills
- Scheduling Meetings and Writing Minutes
- Minutes - what it is, what it is not
- The Importance of Minutes
- Types of Minutes
- Minutes Format
- Steps to Effective Minutes
- Qualities of Good Minutes
- Email, Internet and Intranet Proficiency
- Managing Self for Effective Time Use
- Personal effectiveness
- Goal setting
- Time management
- The P.A.’s Time Wasters
- Ineffective meetings
- Unproductive gist and talks
- Coming late to the office
- The “African time” syndrome
- Unskilled managers and subordinates
- Documents and Mails Handling
- Files Management and Information Retrieval
- Self Carriage and Comportment
- Involvement in Projects and Events
- Plan projects quicker and better.
- Resolve problems quicker.
- Manage expectations with stakeholders.
- Focus on metrics and fact-based decision-making.
- Career Trends - Tips for Professional Success.