In any organization, a considerable amount of material handling is done in one form or the other. This movement is either done manually or through an automated process. Throughout material, Handling processes significant safety and health; challenges are presented to workers as well as management. This workshop teaches participants the best practice and principles of material handling and stores management.
Overview of Material Handling
- Concepts of material handling and packaging
- Principles of material handling
- Storage and order picking equipment
The Role of Packaging
- Consumer packaging
- Industrial packaging
- General function of packaging
- Packaging design principles
Material scrap/waste disposal
- Activity of a system
Material Handling System
- Order selection system
- Automated-guided vehicle systems
- Automated storage and retrieval system
Industrial shelving and industrial racking
- Spreedrax archive shelving/storage
- Wise span shelving system
- Pallet racing
- Steel lockers for personal storage
FOR WHOM: Stores, Purchasing and Logistics Personnel in the Public and Private Sectors.
This course is being run by ALPHA PARTNERS in collaboration with THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA, LAGOS MAINLAND DISTRICT.