Fundamentals of international purchasing is an internationally oriented workshop geared to those purchasing and procurement personnel who can be considered some of an organization’s most valuable assets-if they have the right skills.
This workshop is packed with useful information, from the basics of purchasing to the finest points of sharing costs, focuses on the most challenging aspects of the purchasing function, tools and techniques you need to meet those challenges efficiently and globally.
- Purchasing Management Overview
- Essentials for effective purchasing
- Purchasing segmentation
- Contract law and ethics
- Negotiation skills
- Cost and value analysis
- International Sourcing
- Global sourcing
- International buying process
- Locating international sources
- Source evaluation criteria
- Managing exchange rate risk
- Action planning for implementation
- Strategic Sourcing
- Strategic sourcing process
- Relations with other functions
- Developing the procurement price index
- Dealing with issues of ethics
- Procurement Tools and Application
- Electronic mail (Email)
- World Wide Web (www)
- Search engine
- Electronic data interchange
- Procurement Cycle in E-Procurement
- E-procurement strategy
For Whom: Stores, Purchasing and Logistics Personnel in the Public and Private Sectors.
This course is being run by ALPHA PARTNERS in collaboration with THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA, LAGOS MAINLAND DISTRICT.