This intensive workshop aimed at developing/strengthening the understanding of the crucial role played by the supplier in delivering customer satisfaction through an effective supply chain. Participants will learn how to evaluate the performance of both potential and current suppliers. Assess the factors that comprise an effective tender and conduct effective negotiations that bring long term value to the organization.
- Role of Purchasing Department
- Purchasing process and cycle of procurement
- Vision, mission and value of purchasing
- Purchasing Structure
- Where to find performance Improvement
- Developing the Purchasing Strategy
- Developing Purchase agreements
- Supplier selection methodology
- Criteria for pre-qualifying Suppliers
- Integrating the supplier selection process
- Importance of being involved in creating the specification
- Selecting the Right Supplier and Evaluating Performance
- The Total Cost Approach to purchasing
- Conditioning the supplier to meet your requirement
- Analyzing cost and value
- Life cycle costing
- Using Prices indices
- Performance Evaluation
- Negotiating the Contract
- Defining Negotiation
- Obstacles of effective negotiation
- Phases of a Negotiation
- Evaluating Performance Gaps
- Tendering and Analyzing the Bid
- Electronic commerce/E Auctions
- Evaluating a bid objectively
- Term and conditions of contract
- Methods of Payment
- Expediting an Agreement
- What if the contract fails to deliver?
For Whom: Stores, Purchasing and Logistics Personnel in the Public and Private Sectors.
This course is being run by ALPHA PARTNERS in collaboration with THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA, LAGOS MAINLAND DISTRICT.