Inventory management techniques an intensive four day workshop, for those who want to understand and implement the essential tools for managing inventory in the supply chain. Participants are shown how to evaluate procedures and make needed changes to methods to improve customer service whilst achieving reduction in inventory, eliminate wasteful costs, avoid internal problems that limit performance and obtain added value for money.
Relationships and Material flow in the Chain
- Integrating the Supply Chain
- Benefits of Supply Chain Approach
- Power of Information
Inventory Costs and Services
- Inventory Costs
- Cost /service trade offs
- Service levels from inventory
- Product coding
- Supply/demand variables
Replenishment Method for Independent Demand
- Economic order quantities
- Time bid methods
- Minimum-maximum methods
- Compare continuous review and periodic review methods
- Material planning
Stock Coding and Recording
- Different methods
- Separation of power
- Understanding of all involves
- Checklist to help to decide the best option
- How do they get inaccuracies?
Model for Planning Inventory
- Managing inventory by value and by volume
- Sales forecasts
- Statistical forecasts
- Model for inventory planning
FOR WHOM: Stores, Purchasing and Logistics Personnel in the Public and Private Sectors.
This course is being run by ALPHA PARTNERS in collaboration with THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA, LAGOS MAINLAND DISTRICT.