The development and implementation of carefully crafted strategies for the acquisition of all goods, equipment, and services has become a critical issue in all organizations wishing to reduce operating cost while improving quality and productivity. This workshop explores key concepts forming the basis of strategic procurement and more through leading edge issue that confront the purchasing organization today.
General Principle of Procurement
- The role of purchasing
- Stage of the purchasing process
- The impact of e- purchasing and internal relationships
- Management of working capital
- Cash flow forecasting
- Capital expenditure and revenue expenditure
- The danger of overtrading
Legal Aspects of Purchasing
- Contract and sells of goods law
- Sources of purchasing law
- Law applicable to purchasing
- Overview of other significant law and legislation
- The negotiation process
- Successful behaviors
- Selected strategies and tactics
- Role play to develop skills
Exploring and Developing Terms and Conditions
- The form and structure of contracts
- Performance incentive clauses
- Risk allocation clauses
- Specimen contractual terms.
For Whom: Stores, Purchasing and Logistics Personnel in the Public and Private Sectors.
This course is being run by ALPHA PARTNERS in collaboration with THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA, LAGOS MAINLAND DISTRICT.