This workshop is designed to enhance participant’s ability in writing skills, English grammar, punctuation and mechanics. You will learn how to make your report concise, readable, clear, make impact and get response/feedback from the readers.
The writing process and task analysis
- Define the writing process
- Identify the key elements in a writing task analysis, including the writing objectives, the readers and the limitations on the writers and the task.
- Develop the main message.
Tools of organizing
- Assess immediate and delayed styles for presenting the message
Paragraphing and formatting
- Write unified, developed and coherent paragraphs
- Use topic sentences
- Use bullet list, headings and font characteristics
Readability and conciseness
- Use strategies for summarizing details
- Discuss readability factors
- Use the key-word technique
- Revise to improve sentences clarity
- Examine elements that affect tone
- Revise to control tone
Reviewing and Editing
- Distinguish between reviewing and editing, and understanding the best uses of each
- Distinguish between justified and unjustified changes
- Assess strategies for receiving and responding to feedback.
- Auditors at all levels who wish to refresh their writing approach and style in an audit-specific context
- Auditors at all levels, who use writing to communicate information, propose actions and persuade readers.
This course is being run by ALPHA PARTNERS in collaboration with THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA, LAGOS MAINLAND DISTRICT.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.