To teach best practice in advanced auditing and investigation for the Internal Auditors
- Auditors’ Report - Different types of audit opinions, the basic elements of auditors’ report. Issuance of the right type of opinion in different scenarios
- Internal audit and operations - The objectives, scope and responsibility of internal audit, similarities/differences between internal and external audit, concept/objectives /scope of operational audit
- Auditors’ Responsibilities and Legal Liabilities
- Legal liability. Determination of negligence and fraud
- Corporate governance - Objective, relevance, importance, Sarbanes - Oxley Act 2002
- Audit Investigation: The different types of audit investigations, i.e. Acquisition of companies (due diligence review), prospective lending, investigation under the Companies Act 1965 & back duty investigation
For Whom: All Internal Auditors in the Public and Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.