After this payroll: preparation, analysis and management participant will understand the following:
- Determine the needed documentation in the Payroll Cycle. Prepare and reconcile the monthly payroll.
- Calculate contributions based on different assumptions for employer and employee
Payroll as the important link between human resources and accounting
- Introduction to the HR function
- Introduction to accounting function
- Importance of payroll function as between HR and accounting
The Hiring Process
- Understanding the Hiring process documentation
- Managing payroll process
Preparing and calculating payroll
- Looking for the right controls before starting
- Determining the right calculation basis for payroll
- Elements of risk leading to payroll mistakes
- Managing increments, deductions and payroll approvals
- Preparing payroll schedules
- Controlling access to loans
- Reporting on loans status
- Reporting payroll contributions
- Determining contribution expense for individuals
- Determining corporate contributions
- Reporting results to the accounting department
- Coordinating with accounting department regarding payment process and control
For Whom: Accountants, Treasurers, Auditors, Payroll Administrators, Operations Managers, Directors, Supervisors, Finance Managers, Human Resources Managers and others who perform related functions in Public and Private Sectors.
This course is being run by Alpha Partners in collaboration with The Institute of Chartered Accountant, Lagos Mainland District.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participants will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA